We're baaaaack! It's raining. Hana is sick.
She had 102.9 fever last night that is finally being controlled with medication.
Can you say reality check? LOL!
Anyhow, it is good to be home. I guess. Just kidding! Well, kind of.
I have yet to share this bit of info on the blog, but I recently had miscarriage #2,
so this spontaneous vacation was just what the doctor ordered.
Hana and I were snuggled in bed this morning watching TV
and she saw a commercial for something and said,
"Can I have that for my baby sister?"
Thinking it was just another imaginary friend, I inquired further,
"Who is your baby sister?" And she said, "Remember? She lives in heaven?"
Sigh.
She is still talking about the first miscarriage.
We kept the most recent one a secret from her for this very reason.
She has the memory of an elephant!
Oh, well, a vacation is good, but the truth is you can't vacation away from reality!
So I've decided I need another mental vacation, meaning I will relive our trip to Clearwater, Florida,
thus sharing even more of it with you bit by bit.
The Sunday before we left was Easter, which was a blast. We spent it at Uncle Josh's new house. I have pictures and will share that tale soon, too. We made it home from Josh & Angela's just in time for the storms. It stormed and stormed and stormed. Hana did not nap that day and did not fall asleep until after 10:00 that night because of the storms. She even slept with us. We woke before the sun was up Monday morning to catch our 8:15 flight. Hana was surprisingly easy to wake at 5:30 am! We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare and had a McDonald's breakfast at our gate. Once we boarded, reality kicked in. We were SO EXCITED!
See the gum in her mouth? She was just as excited to be able to chew gum on the airplane (to help her ears pop) as she was to be on the airplane. The pilot greeted us when we boarded and Hana thought that was so cool. I should have recorded her as we took off and I meant to on the way home, but my camera battery was dead. She squealed with delight as we sped faster and faster down the runway and once we took flight and she felt the "tickles in her tummy", as she called them, I thought she was going to jump out of her seat in delight! It was a cloudy day and we were flying over the ocean, so there wasn't much to be seen out the window so we watched Tangled on the laptop.
We didn't even have time to finish it because before we knew it we were descending!
Hana loved landing and even had fun watching this guy unload the luggage from our plane. We even got to see her car seat go down the conveyer belt!
Once we were in the Tampa airport, Joe spied a play area and insisted Hana have her picture taken with this alligator, we were in Florida after all!
We met up with our driver, collected our luggage and got in the car to head to Clearwater Beach. Hana was asleep within a few minutes.
After a 30-minute power nap we were at our hotel.
Of course the first thing we did was step out onto our balcony.
Now what?
Lunch & mojitos! (lemonade for Hana)
We ate on the balcony and the nice lady sitting next to us took our picture with the beautiful ocean view behind us.
We were there, on vacation, and the fun was just beginning!




2 comments:
What a well deserved and wonderful vacation! Hopefully all brains are rested, and again I will say "There's no place like home!" Especially if your home is in the great state of Texas! Chigger-rigger-rum!
xxooxoxoxo
Down time for #1.Cold beer in my hand,toes in the water,toes in the sand.Isn't life wonderful.
Post a Comment