Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Ahoy, Mateys!

All aboard Captain Memo's Pirate Ship!
 Meet the pirates!
 Hana and her (water) gun.
The lady next to us laughed so hard at her natural pose.
Don't these people realize we're from Texas?
We take guns seriously!
 Sailing away!
 Water gun fight!
 Story time. See Hana?
 No, you didn't see her in the picture above because after the water gun fight the floor was wet.
The other kids had no problem with that, but Hana decided to place her hiney on the dry bench.
 Treasure!
 While the kids went on a treasure hunt and were otherwise entertained and entertaining,
the adults got to drink free beer, wine and champagne and look at views such as this:
 Arrrrgh!
Then it became emotional, for me anyway.
I was having so much fun watching Hana I didn't realize
we were no longer sailing but sitting and rocking.
I noticed the music playing over the speakers and looked out to see...
well, here, see for yourself.
I'm not a big U2 fan, but it was, indeed, A Beautiful Day!
I teared up and got lost in the moment only to be interrupted by the Captain announcing,
"Ladies and Gentlemen, if you look over to the right side of the ship, you'll see dolphins!"
Whew. It all still takes my breath away!
But then the dance party began!
 As we danced and sang, our sailing excursion around this beautiful island
was nearly complete and our hotel was able to be seen in the distance.
I wonder if we could do it again tonight?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic,life is great.World is alive and well.If one ever has doubts,just watch a sunset.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous vacation!

Anonymous said...

I know right, what a wonderful way to relax and just take all the is good in the world, especially Clearwater, FL.

JennEllen said...

Oh, looks like such fun!! Sounds like a great vacation!!