We dove in.
We took the plunge.
We decided that this year, we're making a splash.
Isn't it obvious what we've done?
We put a 10-foot pool on our back porch! Would you really expect more out of this self-proclaimed lake rat? We love the water and we need it close by. Hana's such a swimmer this year, we knew another one of those little kiddie pools would not suffice. We had to go big, so we did. Well, we didn't go as big as Aunt Bicky & Shirshank, seeing as they put up a 16-foot one!
That's what Hana was doing in the pictures I posted the other day.
She was (very excitedly) helping her daddy set it up. We did not want to kill our grass so we decided to put it on our back porch. The bonus to that is our back porch is covered and UV filtered. So we put down interlocking foam things (the black stuff Hana is dancing on above) so the pool won't be sitting directly on concrete. Yes, we have a very nice HOA pool and, of course, we will still go to it but there's something to be said about being able to do this
in your own back yard. Yes, we need a REAL in ground pool! But it wouldn't make sense to put one in at this house. Hopefully that will be our next house. No, we're not moving, but if you know Joe, you know he is already planning for our next house no matter how far in the future that might be. But in the meantime, I'll do whatever I can to see this smiling face all summer long!
And what's better on a summer evening than to hop out of the pool and dig into this?
With a side of this.
I LOVE SUMMERTIME!




5 comments:
What fun and good lookin' chow.By the way I know of a little cute water front home for sale.Priced good! Oh well,lake rats will be lake rats.
You did say second home,didn't you.
I know Hana will love this so much, and getting a meal like that when finished. GREAT!
Can I move in?
Just kidding!
N xxooxoxoxoxo
I know where I am spending my vacation!!!!
Post a Comment