Hana has told me numerous times, "When I grow up I want to be a soccer team player!" I found out through a friend that our local YMCA offers a Saturday class for kids Hana's age that allows them to try different sports without joining a team right away. The sports change all the time whether it's weekly or monthly. Today was her first day to go and the sport was SOCCER! To say she was excited would be an understatement.
We showed up a little early and found a soccer ball to kick around while we waited.
Once the coach and other kids arrived, it was time to warm up.
Warming up included a run around the field. As you know, Hana loves to run!
Run, Hana, run!
They were told to stay in line, and since she takes things so literally, she made sure to follow directly behind the little boy in front of her. At one point the ball rolled too far away from her but she had been told that in soccer you're not supposed to touch the ball with your hands.
Since she's such a literal little girl, she worked very, very hard at getting the ball back where it needed to be without using her hands.
The coach finally told her it would be okay if she picked it up and carried it back.
Water break!
Then it was time to learn how to stop the ball. She did it on her first try!
She was also the first to kick the ball into the goal!
Even though it was 9:15 this morning, it was hot. Hot. Hot. Hot. Like 97 degrees outside already. Did I mention it was only 9:15 in the morning? Joe found some shade to stand in.
More water, please!
Water was very important since it seems we're trying to break our own record here in Texas by seeing how many days of 100+ degrees we can survive.




2 comments:
OMG! I need to see this.
Hana is a SUPERSTAR!
I hope Joe shared all that shade!
xxooxoxoxoxxx
Post a Comment