We learned from last year's mistake and showed up early.
Very early. Like, before the festival was even open.
But we got to park right next to where the fireworks would be.
We were there and ready to have a good time!
Here we go!
First stop: the kids' activities area.
As it turned out, the kids' activities area ended up being our only stop.
We stayed there the entire time. There were two water slides and lots of other inflatable
things that kept Hana entertained for a couple hours.
There was a nice breeze and it was not hot at all. Actually, I don't think the weather could have been more perfect. That said, it's always a good idea to stay hydrated during a Texas summer.
Pay no mind to the man behind Hana in this next picture. She just stopped right in front of him and posed and I snapped the picture and then apologized. Again, sorry, man! Whoever you were! When Hana's ready to pose, she's ready to pose and I'm there with my camera ready! (Oops!)
We had a blast playing,
tumbling,
posing
playing with friends we ran into who we actually met months ago at a nearby park,
crawling,
running
and being down right silly.
Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the car and get ready for the fireworks.
Hooray for fireworks! Last year Hana called them boomers. She's getting to be such a big girl!
And her poses get sassier as she gets older.
This year we saw some fireworks we had never seen before.
They were pretty cool. A real crowd pleaser!
We were able to tune our car radio to the station that the fireworks show was synchronized
to so we kicked back, relaxed and watched and listened in awe.
(And I got to experiment with my new camera!)
And the finale!
Well, of course I'm having trouble posting the best video of all. Figures! I'll keep trying, but in the meantime, enjoy the ones that worked. ;-)




1 comment:
Looks like ya'll had a great time
Post a Comment