Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Good News vs Bad News

Good News: It's great to be home.
Bad news: I'm missing the beach.

Good News: I've just about got all the laundry done, which is a great feeling.
Bad News: I have to fold all this laundry.

Good News: It's raining and cold, which is weather I love.
Bad news: It has rained so much lately that our yard is full of water which caused this to happen:
Good news: The roots still seem to be in tact.
Bad News: I really LOVE that tree and will be heartbroken if we lose it.

Good News: Hana's fever seems to be completely gone!
Bad News: She now has the sniffles.

Good News: It's STILL raining.
Bad News: We discovered just before we left for vacation that we need some repair work done on our sprinkler system.

Good News: It's only 50 degrees outside.
Bad News: I've had to pull out some long-sleeved shirts for Hana that I had already put away.

Good News: I'm enjoying this weather while I can.
Bad News: It will be 100+ degrees very soon.

Good News: My birthday is 12 days away!
Bad News: I'll be 30.

Good News: Osama bin Laden is dead!
Bad News: Well, I don't have any bad news to go along with that other than I'm sure those evildoers will try to retaliate and I hope that doesn't result in the loss of more innocent lives.

While it does feel a bit awkward to be so happy that a person was killed, it's well worth that awkward feeling to know that the world is free of such a horrible person! I would like to say thank you to our troops and everyone involved. I only hope this wonderful news will help those who lost loved ones on September 11th be able to sleep a little better at night knowing that the twisted mastermind behind that tragedy is now dead. Let us also remember to give credit where credit is due; there are many brave people responsible for this
great American victory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless our troops, our soldiers who provide us with freedom every minute of every day!

Anonymous said...

Navy seals. I love that crap.They could have asked Josh,Joe and I to go into the compound and get the scumbag but we couldn't take time off work.